Skip to content
Other benefits of blister packs
- Your family member may find it easier to get tablets out of a blister pack rather than trying to open lids on medicine bottles.
- It is easy to see if medicines have been taken.
- An up-to-date list of your family member’s medicines is written on the blister pack.
- Sometimes the pharmacist can translate some of the words on the blister pack if your family member cannot read English.
- Your pharmacist can remind you or your family member when you need to get another prescription for the medicines in the pack.
- If your family member needs to take their medicines while they are at a day respite centre, you will need to send the medicine in a blister pack or the original packaging from the pharmacy.